Digital Locations

Investor FAQ

Investor FAQ

What is the legal status of the company and fiscal year end?

Digital Locations, Inc. is a Nevada corporation with a fiscal year end of December 31st.  We are formerly known as Carbon Sciences, Inc.  We changed our corporate name to Digital Locations, Inc. in November 2017 to better reflect our new business direction in the proximity marketing industry.

Who is your transfer agent? Who should I contact regarding my stock certificate(s)?

Contact our transfer agent, Computershare Investor Services.
Tel: (303) 262-0600

By Mail:

Computershare Investor Services
P.O. BOX 30170
College Station, TX 77842-3170

By Overnight Delivery:

Computershare Investor Services
211 Quality Circle, Suite 210
College Station, TX 77845

Computershare can help with a variety of shareholder-related services. Online services offered by Computershare include:
If you own shares through a brokerage firm account, you should contact your broker for information about your account and requests for a stock certificate.

Change of address
Transfer ownership of stock
Request stock certificate(s)
Request account statement

I purchased stock from the company in a private placement, when do I receive my stock certificate?

We automatically enroll investors in a new, convenient service offered by Computershare called Book Entry form. With Book Entry, Computershare holds your shares electronically, hence making safekeeping and transactions quicker and easier. Instead of sending you a physical stock certificate, they generate and mail you a Restricted Transaction Statement, which is the proof of your ownership of the shares. If you want a physical stock certificate, please contact Computershare and request one.

How do I sell the shares that I purchased from the company?

All shares purchased directly from the company are "restricted shares," as defined by the SEC. To sell your shares, you must apply to have the restriction removed. If you have held your shares for more than 6 months or past your lock-up period, whichever is later, you may be eligible to remove the restrictive legend on your certificate under SEC Rule 144 with a proper legal opinion letter, and then sell those shares in the public market. Please contact your broker or Computershare to begin the process of removing the restrictive legend. They will request additional paperwork from you. The Company does not accept legend removal requests directly from shareholders.

Please note that the legend removal process may take up to 4 weeks to complete through your broker.

What is a Rule 144 legal opinion letter and how do I get one?

When selling shares from physical certificates bearing a "restrictive" legend or Computershare Restricted Transaction Statements, a legal opinion from the company's SEC counsel is required. Your broker or Computershare should be able to handle everything for you.

The company's SEC counsel is:

Mark Richardson
Richardson & Associates
1453 Third Street Promenade, Suite 315
Santa Monica, California 90401
Telephone: (310) 393-9992
Facsimile: (310) 393-2004

When and how are news releases issued by the company?

News is generally released by the company through newswire services such as BusinessWire and MarketWire. In the interest of fair disclosure to the general public, we refrain from answering questions from individual investors regarding the company's development progress.

How can I receive on-going information about Digital Locations?

The best way to receive on-going information about Digital Locations is by subscribing to our newsletter.